Digestive Care Center is seeking a Procedure Scheduler who is self-motivated, efficient, enjoys a fast-paced work environment and desires to be part of a successful team, to work in our medical office.
Summary of Duties
The Procedure Scheduler is responsible for efficiently scheduling medical procedures for patients in our gastrointestinal endoscopy center and area hospitals. The scheduler may also handle precertification and prior authorizations, and the scheduling of outpatient diagnostic tests and procedures
- Efficiently schedules patient procedures within 24 hours, keeping physician schedules full.
- Accommodates physician scheduling preferences.
- Schedules patients in appropriate facility in order for patient to receive maximum insurance coverage and reimbursement.
- Reviews history and medications with patient to ascertain correct prep for patient, and communicates any medication changes that may be required.
- Accurately enters data into AllScripts.
- Promptly and accurately adjusts scheduled procedures in AllScripts when required, to keep schedule current at all times.
- Responds to incoming procedure scheduling requests as calls are received.
- Promptly returns calls from voice mail.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with physicians, medical staff, co-workers and third party payors.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and medical practice software a plus.
Job Eligibility Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Scheduling experience in a high volume medical office preferred.
Digestive Care Center offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes company paid Medical, Vision, Life and Long Term disability insurance; partially funded Health Savings Account & 401 K; Dental, Short Term Disability, paid vacation & holidays.
Full-Time position – No Weekends