- 8 oz. uncooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup frozen string green beans
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic and pepper flakes.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tbsp. olive oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry broccoli, carrots and string green beans in 1 tbsp. olive oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add sauce mixture and chicken to the vegetable stir-fry. Serve on a bed of brown rice and top with unsalted peanuts as desired.
Recipe: Kramer Daugherty, RDN