Savory Stuffing Muffins
- 1 gluten free baguette, baked and brought to room temperature, cut in bite size cubes, set aside
- 5 slices Udi’s whole grain bread, baked and brought to room temperature and cut in bite size cubes, set aside (about 7 loosely filled cups of cubed bread total)
- 1/3 cup minced scallion (green part only)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons unsalted butter (1 to use with veggies, 1 to drizzle on top of stuffing and 1 to grease muffin tin!)
- 2 ½ teaspoons Bell’s seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin generously with butter.
- Sauté veggies with 1 tablespoon of the butter, 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 2 ½ tsp. Bell’s seasoning over medium heat in medium skillet for 5 minutes or until veggies fork-tender. Set aside to cool down.
- In large bowl, add bread cubes and drizzle 1 cup of water over bread.
- Add 2 whisked eggs to bread and stir to blend in.
- Carefully add cooked vegetables over bread mixture. Using spoon mix vegetables and bread cubes until resembles stuffing consistency.
- Spoon mixture into 6-8 muffin tins to bake.
- Melt about 1 tablespoon butter to drizzle evenly on top of stuffing balls (optional).
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to top of stuffing ball, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
Recipe modified from: http://blog.katescarlata.com/2012/11/14/savory-stuffing-gluten-free-and-fodmap-friendly/