Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tostadas
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (26 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced and de-seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced and de-seeded
- 8-10 tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Garnish: chopped cilantro, lime juice, and green part of scallion, diced
- Put chicken, tomatoes, cumin, chipotle chili pepper, and bell peppers in slow cooker on high for about 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker, using fork shred chicken.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place 8-10 tostada shells on cookie sheet (depending on size of cookie sheet may need 2 of them).
- Using slotted spoon, to remove some of the tomato juice, add large spoonful of chicken mixture on top of each tostada shell.
- Top with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of shredded cheese per tostada shell.
- Bake for about 5 minutes–until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green part of scallion, cilantro, and squeeze of lime.
Recipe from blog.katescarlata.com