Toasted Nut Granola
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups raw untoasted sliced almonds
- 1 cup untoasted pecan pieces
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup raw organic honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil or coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried blueberries or cherries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly together oats, almonds, pecans, ground flaxseeds, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk egg whites and salt until the whites are frothy for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the canola oil and honey into the egg whites.
- Pour the egg mixture over the oat mixture and combine completely.
- Spread granola out on 2 cookie sheet pans.
- Bake 15-20 minutes on upper rack. Stir granola half way through and switch pans.
- Bake another 10 minutes until granola is crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container up to two weeks at room temperature or 3 months in freezer.